Friday, December 5, 2008

Anniversaries

You know, just about everywhere you look, people are celebrating some anniversary of something. Wedding, graduation, whatever. Some monumental event that transpired ages ago that has had a profound alteration to the daily life of whoever it is.

Nothing major in that really, though I am curious, I admit, if any of these people celebrate the bad things as well.

I don't mean remember and honor, but celebrate. There is a difference. We all remember and honor September 11th, but we don't celebrate it.

See, I personally celebrate my bad anniversaries as well. Celebrating one today, in fact. The beginning of my addiction. Yes, back on this day in 1983 when I was but a young troubled youth of 9, I started the addiction that back in August I celebrated my extended abstinence from.

I say 'extended abstinence from' simply because I shall never ever truly be over my addiction to cutting. Every day is a battle to resist the urge and desire to cut, even though I haven't in so long. But luckily I don't, as I've simply traded in my razor blades for a laptop and the internet.

So much stimulus before me, and I still don't feel anything.

Anyways, Happy Anniversary to me, I'm off to do more writing and get the occasional bit of work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment